Monday, October 12, 2009

That sinking feeling

seems to have reared it's ugly head again. Hence the lack of blog posts. I've been really ill, swine flu attacked both Alex and I, and 3 weeks later I am still not back to full health.

On a more positive note, Alex will be having her tonsil surgery on 30th October. Sounds strange to say 'positive' about a painful operation, but I know that in the long run it will have a positive effect on both her life and mine and Sophie's.

I've also been making some decisions about the future which will hopefully make life much easier and more pleasant. All very cryptic at the moment, and tbh nothing that exciting for anyone other than me and the girls, but still not something I can share yet.

Thank you for continuing to read my blog. I will post more very soon. Today I heard that a family friend has died whilst on holiday in Majorca. Majorca seems to be the sudden death hotspot lately. Our friend had a massive heart attack, completely unexpected. Understandably it has shocked me to the core, and brought back memories of the night Nigel died. I will be thinking of J as she begins her life as a widow, and hope and pray that she can bring her husband home safely on his final journey very soon.


1 comment:

Rhona said...

Hope you recover fully from the swine flu soon. My thoughts and prayers go out to your friend who lost her husband, she'll be glad of your support and understanding though I know it will be painful for you too. Take care and God bless.