Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Waterfall walking


Yesterday I headed up into the Yorkshire Dales with the year 6 children I teach. They are spending this week at Ingleborough Hall, doing all sorts of great activities like caving, tree climbing and treasure hunts. Obviously I couldn't stay with them, but I had a really good time walking 4.5 miles alng the Ingleton Waterfall Walk. It was quite strenuous in places, so I was very impressed by the lack of moaning from the kids! My legs did ache a little when I got home, nothing that a long soak in the bath didn't sort out. My new walking boots are nicely muddy, and fortunately I didn't get any blisters!
The rest of the week, I am working with the year fives on a special project, all about Joseph and his Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat! It has been a lot of fun so far, and the other activities planned promise to be just as enjoyable. By Friday I will be pretty tired, but the project makes it all worthwhile.
So work dominates for now, no time for crafting. Not got the energy anyway!!



No comments: