Saturday, November 17, 2007

Shared laughter...

Last night I was out on the monthly WAY night out in Leeds. We went to Nando's in The Light, and had a lovely meal. We laughed about so many things, which those who are not widowed would think our humour was very odd.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Grief is something we have all experienced at some point in our lives, but there is no way to understand the loss of your husband, wife or partner unless you have been there yourself. So the things people say can be meant well, but are not well said. We laughed raucously at things people had said last night, I bet there were some people in Nando's wondering who on earth we were.

They say laughter is the best medicine, and it certainly left me feeling good last night. Between us we had experienced so much sadness, but together we could laugh and share experiences.

So if you are under 50 and have been widowed, please think about joining WAY. It will help you see that although you never get over the loss of your husband/wife/partner, there is a way forward, just in a slightly different direction to before.

1 comment:

Sally R said...

Sounds like a great evening out, Anna. I am sad that WAY has a cut-off of 50. It means I would not be eligible! :(