Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm home minus my tonsils

Had my op at 9.30 yesterday morning. Spent the rest of the day snoozing on the ward. Then I was discharged at 4pm, having eaten some ice cream, half a slice of bread, and half a cup a soup. There were several of us having our tonsils out, but the others seemed to be taking it much worse than I did. Yes, it is painful, but not eating and drinking makes the pain worse. I was so glad to be back home and in my own bed. Sophie was worried about me, bless her, so I ended up with a bed companion last night. She didn't go to sleep until after 9, so she was understandably reluctant to get up this morning.
The school photographer was there today, and Sophie came home with a proof of the picture of them both together. It is gorgeous, very pleased with it! Now to decide which prints to order.
I'm still in bed, having snoozed on and off for most of the day, so I think I will have a little something to eat now.

No comments: