Monday, July 30, 2007

Remembering the funny things...

An old friend of Nigel's (and of mine too of course) sent me a text this evening wishing me happy memories of our wedding day. She reminded me of how Nigel managed to lock his keys in his car, and so he ended up having to go and buy new socks. He went commando under his hired trousers.....
The next day there was a mad rush back to Leeds to get his spare set of car keys before leaving on our honeymoon.
So tonight I am toasting Nigel with a glass (or 3 ) of his favourite wine, a french white called Pouilly Fume. Very delicious...

4 comments:

Lives pleasures... said...

Hope your enjoyed your wine!!

Lol are your DH!! Big hugs for you.. and toasting you and your DH memory on your special day!

Hugs

Christine UKS xxx

Hullabaloo said...

I often read your blog but didn't have an account to post with. Anyway it's my anniversary today and I just wanted to let you know that I have been thinking about you and Nigel. I'm glad that your memories are such happy ones and I love that your friend remembered all the daft things that happened. I'm always reminded on my anniversary about the three fire engines that turned up at my reception (complete with hunky firemen!!) thankfully no fire!
I know this must be a very difficult time for you and I just wanted to let you know that there are lots of people who hold you in their thoughts (whether we leave a post or not.)

Stig said...

No one will be able to take those memories from you Anna. Well done for getting through.

Anonymous said...

TAG!!!!