Friday, March 30, 2007

I feel sad inside because my daddy died

So said Sophie to her teacher on Wednesday. That explains the huge tantrums and paddies I had from her that evening. Sophie is struggling so today I contacted Winston's Wish, a charity which deals with bereaved children. They have advised me on how to help Sophie understand what has happened.
When Sophie's teacher told me what she had said, I wanted to cry. I wanted to take away Sophie's pain. So now I have to work with her to try and ease this. No-one can take her pain away, but I am going to try my best to help her.

1 comment:

Clare said...

Oh Anna just wanted to send big hugs to you and your beautiful girls. Sometimes little ones keep things bottled up and it is so hard to read their minds.
The three of you are doing so well given the circumstances and you couldn't do more those two little girls if you tried. They are soooo lucky to have so a great mummy.
BTW well done on your weight loss - that is amazing!!!!!