Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's has been and gone

Thank goodness for that. Today has been a funny one emotionally. Nigel was never much good at Valentine's Day, but we always went out together for a meal just afterwards. We wanted to avoid the crowds and the price hike of the day itself. So we would probably have been going out together this weekend if things were different. This year I partook of a caramel 'muffin' and a chocolate shake from the Maison Lighterlife. Hardly glamorous, but the end result will be worth it.
Regardless of how good or bad Nigel was at romantic stuff, today I really missed him. There is such a big gap in my life. My girls fill my time and I love them immensely, but today I have really felt that gap. I don't need someone to fill that gap. I need Nigel. But he's not here so I have to get on with it.

On a more positive note, today I wore some jeans which I last wore to Sophie's birthday party. Then I had to shoe horn myself into them and they weren't comfy at all. Today I had to hold them up with a belt and they were seriously loose. Small things make dieting worthwhile.

No comments: