Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A Mile for Maude

In January this year a beautiful little girl was taken from us. Maude was just 2 years old when she died. Nigel's death was a shock but at least he had 40 years on this earth. Maude's life had barely begun, but for some reason it had to end. I can't even begin to understand the pain her family have felt since she died. I understand the shock they felt when she was taken so suddenly, but not in the same way as losing a child must leave you feeling. I hope and pray it is not a feeling I ever have to experience.

So in memory of Maude, the girls and I will be walking A Mile for Maude on Saturday 12th May. If you would like to join us, check out the website for your nearest venue. Organisation is in the early stages, but there is bound to be a venue near you.

Sleep tight Maude.

1 comment:

Sara Curtis said...

Hi Anna. I am sponsoring a friend who is doing the walk in tunbrdige wells, if there is a walk near me I will do also - I live in Doncaster. I have a little boy who is 2 and the thought of losing him is too much to bear. I would be totally destroyed.
I wanted to say that I think you are coping amazingly and come across so determined and strong. I take my hat off to you. I too am doing LL and have read your posts on minimins. Good luck with everything & well done on your weight lossess so far.

Sara (aka skinnyminny)