Saturday, December 09, 2006

Busy busy busy

Well another busy day today. Took Sophie swimming first thing, she really is thriving in her new group. The other children are more closely matched to her than her last group, which had 4 complete beginners in it. It does mean we have to be at swimming for 9am on the other side of Leeds, but the lessons are of a very high quality. Dan, Sophie's teacher, is great with the kids and Sophie is making great progress.

Once we got home, it was time to tackle the mammoth mess in my bedroom. My new furniture just didn't look right in the sea of mess! So slowly but surely I have sorted through everything. There have been several bags of rubbish to fill up the skip that came yesterday for the old bed and the forest of cardboard which seems to have accumulated. There is also a big bag of stuff for the British Heart Foundation shop in Morley as I went through my bookshelf too.
Now I am down to clutter left on the bed to sort through and find a new home in the new furniture. I am undecided as to what to do with various booklets of Nigel's. There is a copy of one section of the Licensing Act 2003, nd various other publications he used at work. Feel a bit odd about throuwing them out as they could be used by someone else.

Down the side of the bed there are all the presents for the girls. Loads have come from various kind mumsnetters, and also from the Secret Santa swap on mumsonline. Then there are presents from me, Jean and of course Santa himself. I need to wrap them and then put them in the loft out of the way of prying little eyes. As I need to get the Christmas tree down anyway, tonight could be a good time to get it done. I am still not in the mood for Christmas really, but life goes on for the girls in that sense. I am still feeling that the best way forward would be to go to sleep on December 22nd and wake up on January 2nd.

No comments: